NOTE: Install at your own risk, as this is a Beta OS and is not supported, which may void your warranty if you have any issues. Do think twice Murphy's Law applies here!
Some of the new added features are handheld-only; some require server upgrades. If you’re on BlackBerry Enterprise Server, your IT department will need to upgrade; if you’re on BlackBerry Internet Service, you’ll need to wait a few months for your carrier to upgrade. We’ve marked server features with an (S), and handheld features with an (H) to show what you’ll be able to do immediately.
- So here is but a small list of some of the new functionality you’ll gain when upgrading to the latest OS, there is a lot more useful and neat features not listed -
- BlackBerry Maps with Points of Interest (H)
- Improved media player with playlist support and automatic playlist generation (H)
- Voice note recording (H)
- Video recording on Curve models (H)
- Streaming support for YouTube and Sling Player (H)
- Microsoft Office document editing with DocumentsToGo (H)
- Native format attachment downloading (S)
- HTML e-mails (H)
- Over-the-air device upgrades (S)
- Free/busy calendar lookup (S)
- Searching the server for old e-mail messages (S)
Instructions for updating your BlackBerry OS
- 1. Make sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager installed.
- 2. Download the latest OS for your BlackBerry model to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded. Restart your PC.
- 3. Go to Program FilesCommon FilesResearch in MotionAppLoader and DELETE the Vendor.xml file.
- 4. Restart Your PC.
- 5. Plug in your BlackBerry via USB and Open The Desktop Manager Software. You should be prompted to upgrade.
- NOTE: DO NOT DISCONNECT THE DEVICE!
- Be patient, it can take more than an hour…from start to finish.
NOTE: If you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, re-connect to Desktop Manager again and run the application loader and it should load the OS to the device. We offer no warranty and cannot be held responsible for anything that may happen to your BlackBerry as a result of installing this Operating System.
NOTE:The version of Desktop Manager that some carriers are shipping (namely Verizon) does not match the operating system version on the BlackBerry, making the desktop software think there’s nothing compatible.
BlackBerry Curve 8310 (OS) 188.8.131.52 (65.4 MiB, 4,802 hits)