Security is everything these days. Including mobile phones, so you need to secure your Blackberry soon.
This is how to set a password on your Blackberry:
- Go to the “Options” menu, there is a spanner icon on it.
- Scroll down the menu to “Security Options”. Click it.
- It will take you to a screen with multiple choices on it, scroll down to “General Settings” click it.
- This takes you to another screen, follow these steps on this screen:
- Click the option for “Password:”, it is automatically disabled. Click it.
Choose the option that says, “Enabled”.
- A screen will appear, enter your password. If no screen appears, you may have already set a password for another application, (Password Keeper etc.) that is your default password.
- Set your number of password attempts. This is how many times you can guess your password before your phone is wiped/blanked of all it’s memory. Use with caution.
- Security Timeout means if you are not active on your phone for a certain period of time, it will automatically “Keyboard Lock” and you will have to enter your password.
- Select yes or no for “Prompt on Application Install”.
5. Finish up. You have now set your password!
- Make the password easy to remember, if you forget it, everything in your phone will be wiped, including addresses!
- Just because your phone gets wiped, doesn’t mean it can’t get stolen.