Level 1 Messaging is used to differentiate between regular emails and normal emails. So for example you want to be notified right away when your boss emails you. You can set any email from your boss be marked as Level 1, and in the “Profiles” menu set a different ring tone for Level 1 messages.
Setting up Level 1 messages:
- Go to BlackBerry Desktop Manager select Redirector Settings
- Go to the Filters tab and select New
- Enter your filter parameters
- After your filter is created, go to Profiles on your BlackBerry
- Press Menu key (Blackberry button with all dots on it) –> Edit
- Level 1 Messages