Howto Install 3rd Party Software Using The Desktop Manager
9 easy steps for you to follow. Do you find yourself with some great software and stuck with the agenda of not knowing how to install it? Read our Guide to get started.
- First you need to download the .alx file to your PC, just point your browser to the software (sometimes a zip file).
- Unzip the file to your PC’s Desktop.
- Connect your BlackBerry to your PC and then launch the Blackberry Desktop Manager Software. (The Desktop Manager can be found on the Blackberry CD that came with your device)
Download the latest Desktop Manager Software
- From the Desktop Manager Main Screen open “Application Loader”.
- In the Application Loader click “Start”. Type your password, if you have a device password set.
- Click Next and in “Device application selection” screen, click “Browse”.
- Go to the directory for the program you want to add (usually what you unzipped to your desktop), select the .alx file, and click “Open”.
- The application will now be added to the software list, verify that it’s checked and click Next.
- Now you can click Finish. The wizard will complete the process by installing the newly selected software.