** This section is constantly being updated **
We get a lot of email asking questions so we thought we’d begin to develop a FAQ that we can point people to. We’ll add to this page as questions arise.
We have great how to’s on installing themes, and applications (software):
- How To Install BlackBerry Themes OTA (Over The Air)
- How To Install BlackBerry Themes With The Desktop Manager
- Installing Themes and Apps unto your BlackBerry using a MAC
- How To Install 3rd Party Software Using The Desktop Manager
Theme won’t install through my Blackberry desktop manager. It says no action required or nothing new found, what is wrong?
- Verify your OS and make sure the theme your downloading is the correct OS version.
- Make sure you have the latest Desktop Manager.
Older desktop managers will not install the new themes correctly. The solution to the “No additional applications designed for your device were found” error can be found here: http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Application_Loader_Error
Why is the theme showing up in my applications menu and not the theme menu?
Your BlackBerry does not have the newest OS (Operating System). Please update your OS by visiting BlackBerry’s download site.
Can I use a different font for all of my list/menu items and the rest of the phone?
Currently it is not possible to change any fonts other than the font inside an email, or text etc. The font is chosen by the developer of the theme and then embedded into the theme and ONLY the developer can change it.
How do I find my BlackBerry OS version?
Compose a new email and type “Myver” and then hit space. It will show your BlackBerry phone model, and OS. Make sure when you download a theme you know your OS information. No one likes a “bricked berry.”